Tuesday, April 07, 2009

For those attending the Distant Worlds Meet and Greet with Nobuo Uematsu...

Hey! If you're attending a meet and greet at one of Mr. Uematsu's upcoming scheduled concert appearances, I have some tips:

1. Bring a camera!
2. Bring stuff to get autographed!

The meet and greet is one of the most fun things! Usually, though the line is long, everyone is given a good opportunity (at least 3 minutes) to meet Mr. Uematsu and conductor Arnie Roth. I usually spend about 5 minutes, but I'm always mindful of others in line.

First, the meet and greet is always after the show, so get there early! The theater staffs in my experience are very generous and will allow each person a few minutes to speak to Nobuo if they wish. Then again, if you're the last person in line, you may get extra time!

What you do with your meet time is up to you. They won't give you an unlimited amount of time, so be prepared. Many people get a photo, get autographs or I've seen some girls sing a FF song, or give Nobuo a kiss on the cheek!

If you bring a lot of CDs to get signed, have the discs opened in a stack, or the liner notes stacked, ready to give to Nobuo. I usually use this time, when he is signing, to thank him, or make jokes, or whatever.

I always think, "this may not ever happen again, so I better make use of it!"

I have been fortunate to meet Mr. Uematsu on five different occasions, so I've garnered a little experience in that time.
If the theater staff is rushing you, my advice is to ignore them. They may not understand that Mr. Uematsu's appearance outside of Japan is rare. He is a patient and very kind person, and is looking forward to meeting his international fans. Remember you paid a lot for a chance to meet him, so get your money's worth!

I invite you to take a look in my archives of the first US Distant Worlds show last year.

  • click!
  • see you later!
  • No comments: