Saturday, August 02, 2008

Play! concert scheduled for August 23rd in San Francisco canceled

I was planning on attending this show, and even bought a ticket, however I checked the Play! site yesterday and noticed the August 23rd concert date was missing from their upcoming shows list. I figured it might have been re-scheduled or canceled, then I got an e-mail from the box office:

"Dear Patron,

Thank you for your recent ticket purchase for PLAY! A VIDEO GAME SYMPHONY. Unfortunately this event has been canceled. The presenters of this event have promised to reschedule for a date most likely in 2009.

Please return your tickets for a refund to the address below.

City Box Office
180 Redwood Street, Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94102

Attn: Refunds

If your tickets are being held for will call you will be automatically refunded and need to take no action.

Please keep an eye out for the rescheduled date. We are sorry for the news of the cancellation.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding this email."

City Box Office

(415) 392-4400

Lauren A. McQuade
General Manager
CITY BOX OFFICE
(415)392-4400

Believe me, as a veteran of game music concerts, this means when the show does happen it will be incredible! If I get any updates I'll let you know.

No comments: