Sunday, September 28, 2008

When you haven't heard it in a while...



I started listening to the Final Fantasy X Soundtrack again, after literally years without doing so. I'm a big fan of FF X, and when I first got the soundtrack and finished the game, I listened to the music constantly! That kind of wore it out for me, but one thing I do when I don't have anything new to listen to, is check out something older I haven't heard in a while.

Wow! I had forgotten how much I loved this music, and now I regret not taking it to the Distant Worlds concert with me in March to get the OST autographed! Now it seems like it's brand new again, and wonderful memories have come flooding back into my mind.

Once piece in particular I would like to give a special mention to is "Illusion". I listened to it so much a few years ago, it literally ended up becoming sort of a theme for me when I would take a walk somewhere. Then I forgot about it. Most every RPG has a Wintery theme, but this one really struck a chord with me, even more than "Buried in the Snow" from FF VII. I got chills upon hearing it again.



I remember cool, foggy mornings filled with light drizzle and mist, wet roads, and dodging new puddles created by the rain. I find it hard to believe that I could have forgotten such a wonderful piece of music that I had really gotten attached to!

Now it's fresh in my mind again, and Winter is coming up just around the corner, and I look forward to attaching new memories around this wonderful music.

2 comments:

Angelo said...

hi - is there an email i can use to send some info on a cool new pandora.com promo?

Game Music Freak said...

Sure, comicsrule@hotmail.com